• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Reply deadline to acceptance

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any idea if Columbia will provide hybrid mode of learning for Fall2021? Given uncertainties around Covid-19 pandemic just want to know if there will be provisions to support those who in extremely unfortunate events won't be able to join the program in person.

Can someone provide any info regarding this? Thanks in advance!

Hi guys !

I also got an offer for MFE Columbia on Tuesday and the deadline is also on the 23rd. For those planning to accept, we should make a groupchat so that we can connect!
Hi Haris,

I'm new to Columbia MSFE and going to apply it next year. Will you please let me know the website for Columbia Financial Engineering and which school it belongs to?

Thank you!

Hi Haris,

I'm new to Columbia MSFE and going to apply it next year. Will you please let me know the website for Columbia Financial Engineering and which school it belongs to?

Thank you!
You're kidding, right? It's a simple Google search

Congratulations, Guys!
Got an offer today with deadline 03/03. Did you succeed with deferring the payment or it can't be changed?

Congratulations, Guys!
Got an offer today with deadline 03/03. Did you succeed with deferring the payment or it can't be changed?
When did you submit your application? Was there any round 2 as deadline here is different?

I'd say all of the tier 1 programs are comparable and your own preferences (e.g. location, faculty) could be the deciding factor between them. I didn't get into Princeton/CMU/Courant though, so I was spared the problem.

I joined Columbia. Unless you're absolutely confident that you can get into Princeton/CMU (and you prefer those over Columbia), I'd suggest paying the deposit and forfeiting if you get into your top choice later on.

Not familiar with NYU Tandon's MFE, so I can't comment.
Hi, are there any other drawbacks of forfeiting other than (obviously) losing the deposit?

Hi, are there any other drawbacks of forfeiting other than (obviously) losing the deposit?
I'm not aware of any, and I'm sure they wouldn't openly say "forfeiting your offer would harm your future chances at applying to Columbia" so I don't know if anyone can really answer that.

Hey guys, did you ever received the Columbia Engineering email that said, "Your application is currently under review. While we cannot give you an estimate on when you will receive your admission decision, we want you to know that your application will receive careful consideration by the Industrial Engineering and Operations Research faculty committee. Decisions will be made on an ongoing basis." before you got your offers? I just received one...

Does it mean they just start to review my materials or potentially be placed on wl? Thanks!

Hey guys, did you ever received the Columbia Engineering email that said, "Your application is currently under review. While we cannot give you an estimate on when you will receive your admission decision, we want you to know that your application will receive careful consideration by the Industrial Engineering and Operations Research faculty committee. Decisions will be made on an ongoing basis." before you got your offers? I just received one...

Does it mean they just start to review my materials or potentially be placed on wl? Thanks!
I got one as well. Wondering if it is standard for all applicants, or if it is sent out to only a few waitlisted candidates..

I also just received this email. I am curious what happened with people who have already received their admits. When did they, if at all, receive this email?
I asked a few friends from previous years, and I gather from this forum, that everyone who applies gets this email, but usually much earlier.
I applied on the deadline and submitted the video interview on Jan 10. Can anyone shed light on what it means to be receiving this mail so late? Does it mean a ding?

I also just received this email. I am curious what happened with people who have already received their admits. When did they, if at all, receive this email?
I asked a few friends from previous years, and I gather from this forum, that everyone who applies gets this email, but usually much earlier.
I applied on the deadline and submitted the video interview on Jan 10. Can anyone shed light on what it means to be receiving this mail so late? Does it mean a ding?
Hey, got an admit on 9th of February but did not recieve any such email like this

I just received the same email. While I submitted my app before the priority deadline...
Perhaps we ended up on some second-round pile?

I just received the same email. While I submitted my app before the priority deadline...
Perhaps we ended up on some second-round pile?
Yes, that's possible but it's definitely strange to receive a "thank you for submitting your application" mail almost two months after submitting your application. Even stranger is that people have already gotten admits without receiving such an email. How did they give admits to some candidates without even reviewing other applications they have already received?

Got one as well. I submitted the application on the priority deadline date, though my recommendation letter comes late (18th, Jan).

Got one as well. I submitted the application on the priority deadline date, though my recommendation letter comes late (18th, Jan).
I also got the same mail. My complete application/ video interview and recommendations were complete by the priority deadline.

Looks like everyone who didn’t have an admit got that email.. is there anyone who hasn’t got this?

Back