• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Requesting a postponement of decision deadline

Hi all,

Hope you are doing well.

I have got an admit from Georgia Tech for MS in QCF program. The problem is that decision and deposit (USD 1,500) deadline is March 04, 2020. I am not sure if I would be having results from Columbia, Cornell or CMU (March 10) by that time.

Can you please give some advice on what can I do - contact Georgia Tech and request an extension in deadline, but will it affect me negatively? Do they generally agree to such requests? Or any other thing you think I can do?

Anyone else encountering a similar situation?

Thanks for the help!
 
In the Princeton interview discussion thread someone seemed to have reached out to Columbia requesting an extension in deposit deadline, which Columbia refused. Of course it will depend on the program, and the only way to be certain of it would be to actually contact them.

Personally I think it makes little sense to give prospective students more time to wait for decisions from other universities - in your case, the only reason you haven't paid that deposit to Georgia Tech is that it isn't your first choice program and you would likely not go there if any of the other three universities admit you. What's in it for Georgia Tech to extend your deadline?
 
In the Princeton interview discussion thread someone seemed to have reached out to Columbia requesting an extension in deposit deadline, which Columbia refused. Of course it will depend on the program, and the only way to be certain of it would be to actually contact them.

Personally I think it makes little sense to give prospective students more time to wait for decisions from other universities - in your case, the only reason you haven't paid that deposit to Georgia Tech is that it isn't your first choice program and you would likely not go there if any of the other three universities admit you. What's in it for Georgia Tech to extend your deadline?
Makes sense

Thanks for the information man!
 
Top