• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Reuter 3000Xtra Workshop

Hi, I find that our library will run a series of workshop on Reuters 3000Xtra system in Subotnick Center. I want to register for one workshop next week. Is anyone interested in?

Here is the link for register: Baruch Home | Newman Home | Services | Workshops

But I am wondering whether our program will offer such kind of tutoring in Fall semester. Besides, will we often use this system for our trading?

Muting

Muting, I took the workshops last year. I recommend to take them so you get an idea of how to get prices and how to use Reuters. We used it later in our Risk class to calculate VaR.

Hi, I find that our library will run a series of workshop on Reuters 3000Xtra system in Subotnick Center. I want to register for one workshop next week. Is anyone interested in?

Here is the link for register: Baruch Home | Newman Home | Services | Workshops

But I am wondering whether our program will offer such kind of tutoring in Fall semester. Besides, will we often use this system for our trading?

Muting

Many thanks for sharing this information, I just registered for the 7/31@12:30-1:45pm session.

If you can master it and Bloomberg, that will help you a lot at work.

Folks:
Every semester the Wasserman Trading Floor/ Subotnick Center hosts between 40 and 50 workshops (FREE to all Baruch students, faculty and staff) that teach the basics of using
Reuters and Bloomberg. In the Summer we run just a small number of them. The
basic workshops are taught by Harold Gee and Luis Liu at the Library and the
advanced workshops are taught by myself and Bernard Donefer, Associate Director of the
Center. The workshops we currently offer are:
- Reuters I - learning to use the Reuters Kobra interface
- Reuters II - learning to use PowerPplus Pro, an Excel add-in that lets you bring Reuters data into Excel
- Technical Analysis using Reuters
- Analyzing and Monitoring FX markets using Reuters
- Analyzing and Monitoring Futures markets using Reuters
- Analyzing and Monitoring Options markets using Reuters
- Analyzing and Monitoring Fixed Income markets using Reuters
- Introduction to Bloomberg

In general you sign up for the workshops using the link that was already posted.
The workshops appear on the schedule about 3 to 4 weeks before the workshop date.

Before you attend a workshop, you should visit our web site community on Blackboard
and dowload/print the handouts we have for each workshop. In addition, the handouts are written in such a way that if you can not attend the workshop, you can always follow the handout and get a good idea of how to get things done. Instructions for joining the
Blackboard community are posted on our web site:
http://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/centers/subotnick/
Click on Student Resources and then Tutorials and User's Guides
http://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/centers/subotnick/resources/tutorials-and-user-s-guides/

Cheers,

Prof. H.
http://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/centers/subotnick/contact.html

Prof. Holowczak:

Your information is of great help. I have already signed up for one workshop.

Muting

I took three of the Reuters workshops last semester, they come in handy for me since I am using Reuters for FI everyday, and also, you can register class from the Bloomberg terminal, and the class will be held in Bloomberg Building around 59 @ Lexington, they have series of classes for different level and products.

Back