• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Risk Management or Trading Internship?

Hello all!

I am currently a junior in college and have two internship offers for the upcoming summer. The first is a risk management quant analytics internship at a bulge bracket firm, whereas the other is a markets trading internship at a more prestigious bulge bracket firm. I hope to get into quant trading in the future, but I am currently confused as each offer has its unique qualities.

All advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance.

What does markets trading mean? Can you be more specific? Also, why is this even a question...sounds like trading is exactly what you want. What are the benefits YOU see to the risk offer?

What does markets trading mean? Can you be more specific? Also, why is this even a question...sounds like trading is exactly what you want. What are the benefits YOU see to the risk offer?
Thank you for your response! Regarding the markets trading, it seems to be a rotational generalized trading internship within the firm's corporate and investment banking division. So with that, the risk option seems it MIGHT teach me more about mathematical approaches used in the quant finance space. Overall, each offer has components of my ideal career, but I am at a crossroads at which one will set me up best for progressing within the quant finance space.

Back