• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

RSVP: Greg Caruso - "Global credit crisis" Talk

RSVP: Greg Caruso - "Global credit crisis" Talk

Dear Students, Alumni and Faculty,

The Quant Network at Baruch's Financial Engineering MS Program is proud to present a talk from Mr. Greg Caruso, director of Mortgage and Credit at CapitalSource Finance.

Greg Caruso has spent the last 11 years as a Financial Engineer. Currently he is the Director of Mortgage and Credit at CapitalSource Finance, a specialty finance company organized as a Real Estate Investment Trust. At CapitalSource Mr. Caruso co-heads the Mortgage and Credit Desk which manages the origination and securitization of the Commercial Real Estate loan business. Prior to CapitalSource Mr. Caruso had stints as a Financial Engineer in the Structured Finance Groups at UBS, Claritybank.com and Credit Suisse First Boston.

Mr. Caruso will speak about the current status of the global credit crunch and it's effect on the US commercial real estate ("CRE") market including:
  • the originators and buyers of:
    Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities ("CMBS") and
    Collateralized Debt Obligations ("CDO")
  • the acquisition and development of commercial real estate
  • how commercial real estate mortgages are not subprime mortgages, but are effected by them
Location: 3-160 Vertical Campus building, at Lexington and 24th Street.
When: Friday, November 9, 2007 6pm - 8pm

There will be a question and answer session following the talk.

My trip to Munich was cancelled, so of course I'll be there.

It was a very good talk. Thanks to Greg!
I wish we could have a better attendace for our talks.

Greg, thank you very much for the talk.
I am really glad to attend the event, it was really informative.
I equally like both parts of the presentation.

I think it was one of the best we've had. Greg is a good presenter. I think we should have him back in the spring to see how things have come along.

I could not be there this time. Woody, please invite Greg again in spring. I will be there for sure.

Back