• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

RSVP: My life as a Trader -- Curt Ward

Dear Students, Alumni, and Professors:

The Quant Network at Baruch's Financial Engineering MS Program would like to invite you to attend a talk given by Mr. Curt Ward who is a senior trader at Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities.

Topic: My life as a Trader

About the speaker: Curt Ward graduated from Haverford College and has worked for Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank. In 2000 he started as an Assistant Trader in Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, where he is currently Senior Proprietary Trader in the Commodities desk.

Time: Friday 3/9th at 6pm

Non-Students: In order to get into the building you will need to supply your full name when you RSVP. Also please let us know why you are interested (prospective student?)

To RSVP, you need to log in or register

0100012L.jpg

Thank you very much Curt and Alain!!!

It was actually the best talk I've ever attended -- informal, comfortable, informative, very awesome atmosphere for two-way communications!

Alain, please pass our gratitude again to your great friend -- we deeply appreciate what he brought to us, and we enjoyed his company very much!! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot to Curt! The talk was awesome. It was very informative to look at the market from trader's prospective of view, as opposed to what we do in our classes. And thanks to Alain for invitinitg such a great speaker! =D>

Thanks Curt, very original, reaffirmed some of my doubts , questions and beliefs as a small private "speculator" from a professionals perspective, also broaden my understanding of the role of a trader and the road that can lead to a career in that field. Even though I'm getting ever more confused about it these couple of days, because knowing more makes me aware that I don't know much. Any just need to persevere.

And of course lots of bows goes to Alain for introducing your good friend to us.

Thanks for letting me attend the talk and inviting me for dinner after. It was very informative and I enjoyed getting to know some of you.

Thanks to Curt and Alain. Great speech that showed us what really happens in the trenches. I think we need more and more of these kinds of talks to get as many perspectives as possible.

Back