• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Seeking advice for career change

@Andy Nguyen: Really appreciate all your posts on quantnet. They are very informative. You are very knowlegebale in this field. I was wondering if you could provide some advice for me. I really appreciate it.

A little background about myself:

I studied Accounting and finance in College. I am currently working at a big four acctg firm. Just got a CPA and should be getting CFA soon. However, I think my job is not very technical. Eventually I want to work in Hong Kong. The skills I learn at my job is not very transferrable because of the differences in M&A market between US and Asia.

I am looking to switch into quant fin. I want to apply for a MFE program as a starting point. I have some questions on selecting the MFE program.

1 Is there anyone in the same situation trying to switch from buisness to quant? How do I stack up against all the math genius/phds in this field? Is it a little late to make the switch?
2 Is MFE good for getting a job at global macro hedge fund, like soros, Moore?
3 I have heard MFE is mostly sell-side oriented. What are some good opportunities for buy side like hedge fund?

Any advice and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Back