• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Seeking Advice for preparations for MFE application?

Hello everyone! A newbie here.
I am a sophomore in English from a Chinese Top 2 University. I would like to search for a career in uprising quant finance in China after graduating from a master program in US.
Do I actually have any chance to look into any MFE?

If so, what courses do I need to get prepared?
I guess I will be taking C++ courses here to pursue a certificate with distinction, because relevant courses in my university really sucks. Then maybe data structure and machine learning? Are there any programming courses else required?
I will start my minor in statistics this fall. So I will have learnt Calculus, Linear Algebra, Probability, Statistical Inference, Linear Regression, Stochastic Processes, Time Series. Then I might exchange to some American university to learn numerical analysis and PDE because their counterparts in my university is too rigorous to pursue an A. Anything else to pick up? Is Real Analysis really demanded?
Then what about econ/finance courses such as corporate finance, intermediate microeconomics, investments, intermediate financial theory or financial economics? Are they necessary?

If not so, is their any other paths to get into quant industry for someone with backgrounds like me?

I have the same problem.

But if you don't have much time or interest, then real analysis doesn't seem so important.

Back