• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Seeking Advice

Hello,

I recently graduated from a quantitative finance program at an Ivy League university. While the program offered rigorous and excellent courses, it lacked any career support. Unfortunately, due to the intense coursework demands, I couldn't dedicate much time to searching for internships, resulting in a less-than-ideal internship experience. Additionally, visa requirements compelled me to accept the return offer for a role that is only tangentially related to my career interests.

With no prior work experience in finance, I'm finding it challenging to secure interviews for roles in trading and quantitative research. I'm contemplating the idea of pursuing a second master's degree, such as those offered by institutions like CMU and Baruch, which are known for their strong career support. I'd like to hear your thoughts on whether it would be wiser to continue sending out applications and networking while waiting for opportunities to arise, or if pursuing another master's degree might streamline this process.

Thanks for any insight or help!

Back