• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

shall I take GMAT or GRE

Hi All,

So I am planning to make the move and apply for MFE programs now.
The first problem is whether to take GRE or GMAT. I took GMAT in the past before my MBA (i am 31 now btw) and it has expired now. My score was 690 so I have a natural inclination towards GMAT.

I tried starting of for GRE but the problem is that GRE demands vocabulary and I am not a native english speaker. I have my undergrad in engineering and am good in MATHs and can sccore well. I triedto being with those flash cards for GRE and its very painful for me to learn all those words.
I checked and seems like quote a few programs except both gre and gmat ( cmu, ucla..), do you think I shall take GRE or GMAT. preparing for gmat will be easier and I think I will score better.
I know GRE is more widely accepted.
What do you think. I have already orederd gmat books but thats not a decision maker.

if I take GRE, i think my verbal score would be in low 400s (based on some pratcie questions I have done)

Please let me know about what you think I should do

Thanks a lot

Based on my experience, some universities (I would be bet most) don't weight verbal score too much, given that your TOEFL score is good and you can sustain an interview with them.

Back