• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Yan He said:
Can I join all the available groups? :smt100 :smt100
All are welcome. Now that we have our own room, it will be our room for group study as well.

Here is the tentative schedule for the first meetup.
Date: Tues Sept 5th
Time: 12-6pm
Subject: homework problems from 9821 and 9814.

:D Since I will hang around Baruch during day time, I will attend whenever.
Thank Godness, the first meeting is on Tues...go play paintball in PA Mon. :smt038

I need help in C++ and Math...
So Tuesday is the day. But where is The Lounge?

Aaron

aaron said:
So Tuesday is the day. But where is The Lounge?
Ideally, you would have found out about your team members by Tues and schedule to meet with them to study. Nonetheless, everyone is welcome to study together, either within their group or with everyone else.
The lounge/lab is 6-243. More info here http://www.quantnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=467

need help in c++
can help in Finance
available after 5:30 Mon, Wed, Fri and on weekends

I would love to join the group too.
available whole day on Friday and weekend.
Weekday? it is possible, but have to arrnage it first.
Pls let me know date, time, and location
Thanks
-Adolfo

What happens to the students who can't make the study group

What happens to the students who cannot make it on that day or time? Are we out of the loop? :cry:
Nelisa.

Re: What happens to the students who can't make the study gr

nelisar said:
What happens to the students who cannot make it on that day or time? Are we out of the loop? :cry:
Nelisa.
Nelisa,
It is not realistic to make a schedule that accommodates everyone busy life, part-time or full-time. While we try our best to be flexible, there is no guarantee that every full-time student can come to the daytime meeting; or every part-time student will make it to the weekend meeting. Right now, we are running with a "try-if-you-can" kind of attitude.
As teams are formed, students should arrange with their group members to meet and work on their group's homework. The open study group is accessible for anyone who is available during that period of time. We will announce weekend meet-ups right after the first meeting.
Keep in mind that Quantnet forum is open 24/7. In addition to the face-to-face group study, these two mediums should give you enough support and help throughout your courses.
Regards,
Andy

Thanks for a response Andy! I was just wondering if this is how it is always going to be. :smt102
I understand now!

Myself being a part-time student I expect to communicate with QuantNet mostly, even when teams are formed. This is really the best outlet. To be honest I'm not sure of the purpose of the teams, unless, the expectation is that problems will be parceled out, which does not seem like the case if we are expected to do each problem individually. The only plus is for the TA/professor who would have less to grade (not a problem for me). I guess this is the only purpose I see of making the teams. I look at our group as one big team who posts on quantnet :)

The only other purpose I see, I think it is a big plus, it teamwork. At least coding, this will help a lot. If you ever work coding in a team, you will see that everybody has their own way to code to solve different problems. A team will give you a good idea of how to work together.

Back