• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Singapore FE applicants for fall 2011

I had my interview two weeks back. Today I got an e mail saying that I have been admitted. Even though I don't have any other option at hand now, I am still considering it because I am not sure about the job placements and brand name that you will get after NTU (MFE). So I am still doing some research on it and any help will be appreciated.

I had my interview two weeks back. Today I got an e mail saying that I have been admitted. Even though I don't have any other option at hand now, I am still considering it because I am not sure about the job placements and brand name that you will get after NTU (MFE). So I am still doing some research on it and any help will be appreciated.

I talked to a current NTU student and was informed that placements were not really good. Just 2-3 students out of 8 Indians and 8 students out of 25 Chinese guys placed so far. Sorry but I don't want to discourage anyone ... just wanted to give some info. Better you do your research carefully. I am leaving NUS for same reasons.

All the best.

I talked to a current NTU student and was informed that placements were not really good. Just 2-3 students out of 8 Indians and 8 students out of 25 Chinese guys placed so far. Sorry but I don't want to discourage anyone ... just wanted to give some info. Better you do your research carefully. I am leaving NUS for same reasons.

All the best.
Thanks for the information. Although during interview they told it is 100% I was thinking I should confirm it from some one who is either a current or past student. I will do some more research and then decide.

Gre Quant :800 V: 620. Mathematics and Computing from Indian Institute of Technology and working in Research and Analytics team of a US based company in India since June 2010 on Finance/Insurance data.

@singapore: Quant-800, V-670. CS - Btech degree . 1 year exp in HP, 3 internships in OR .
@sukadeb: Are you planning to take up NUS/NTU ? Can you please give me your reasons, either way ?

@singapore: Quant-800, V-670. CS - Btech degree . 1 year exp in HP, 3 internships in OR .
@sukadeb: Are you planning to take up NUS/NTU ? Can you please give me your reasons, either way ?
I am very confused now. The brand name is not much and some one told in this forum itself that getting a job itself is difficult. And even if you manage to get one then it will be back office stuff only. I am trying to contact other people studying there and if I get some more information then I will post it here. If you also get some information that might affect my decision then do post it.

Lol ..... Yea I do remember the time, I had to go hunting to get a DD payable from a Singapore Bank. Fyi, go to the main branch of any bank you have an account in and make sure it has a FOREX department , you will get your DD... :)

Got accepted ... but mostly not taking it up ..... not very sure yet

Back