• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

skills for being a trader

can some one explain what exactly does a trader do? what kind of skills do they need? I am going to major in FE but I am not sure do I want to do trading or risk management..because of them seems to be a good fit for FE student, right?

why are you going to major in fe if you don't know what you want to do?

why are you going to major in fe if you don't know what you want to do?
Hi, I mean I really enjoy finance and I am good at quantitative analysis, that's why I think FE is a good fit. The only thing is that there seems to be a lot of positions in the financial areas that need people with quantitative finance skills, and it seems that I fit in many of them, and all of them are interesting. that's why I am not sure which specific direction should I go..

Back