• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Some advice please

What can the members of QN recommend for someone who is looking to break into finance world, that comes from a technical background but wants a non-technical role? I don't really care if I go for a position on the bottom of the financial job "pole". I just want to break into a non-technical role that would allow me to learn about markets, economics(micro/macro) and other factors that could drive markets in a certain direction. If you haven't notice, I am having a hard time trying to land the entry role I want and the role I want could be classified as a basic role. I just really want to get in "there" to learn things that are knowledgeable and would put me closer to my end goal.

Connor,

My short-time goal is as you mention would be to end up as analyst at a firm or IB bank. I would rather work at which ever one has a smaller environment so I have the change to find a mentor. My long-term goal would be to go out on my own and take those skill I've learned and do my own thing. As I've mention before I'm having a hard time finding even the most entry level position that would set me down those 2 paths.

Back