• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Starter book ??

Well, searching through the forums i gathered books for linear algebra, calculus and probability.

though the search was not exhaustive i think this should be enough to start.

I would request the experienced people around to tell which book to start of with in the particular subject. also which of the book would be used in refresher course (if there are any in the list :P)

otherwise you could recommend your own book (apart from the list) with which I can start with.

Calculus First :)

Calculus, Vol. 1: by Tom M. Apostol

Introduction to Calculus and Analysis, Volume 1 by Richard Courant and Fritz John

Calculus by Michael Spivak

"Elementary Analysis: the theory of calculus " by Kennth Ross.

"Calculus" by Swokowski and Olinick, and Pence.

Calculus, by Lipman Bers

Stochastic Calculus for Finance II: Continuous-Time Models (Springer Finance) by Steven E. Shreve

Also Neftci book is highly recommended...

what about financial engineering principles by perry beaumont ?? ratings for this book ???

Back