• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stevens MFE vs BU MSBA

Stevens MFE vs BU MSBA

• Boston University master of business analytics with 6k scholarship

• Stevens Institute of Technology master of financial engineering with 25k scholarship

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am an international student, and I am interested in business-related areas like finance. But I also know that it is essential that I need to find a master's program that help me to find a job. I hope to continue my Ph.D. in the business area if I can do so. Which school should I choose? Could you please leave some comments and provide me with some information about the SIT MFE program? Thanks for your help!

It would depend on your background and what you want to pursue as a career. BU's business analytics seems to have a far less mathematically rigorous curriculum than SIT's mfe. If your plans for the future are to pursue a Ph.D. then I am not sure if either of these will help a whole lot as they both seem to be more career-oriented. I recommend that you go on linkedin and search for alumni so you can see what career paths each program will open up

It would depend on your background and what you want to pursue as a career. BU's business analytics seems to have a far less mathematically rigorous curriculum than SIT's mfe. If your plans for the future are to pursue a Ph.D. then I am not sure if either of these will help a whole lot as they both seem to be more career-oriented. I recommend that you go on linkedin and search for alumni so you can see what career paths each program will open up
Thank you for your response. From my point of view, compared to the financial engineering program, the business analytics program seems more job-oriented. If I choose business analytics, I might lose the opportunity to apply for the Ph.D. program. But if I choose Stevens, there is no way back for me, which seems risky. I must guarantee that I can be admitted to the Ph.D. program or find a job in the US. Otherwise, I must return to China, and companies in China highly value qs ranking and USnews ranking, whereas Stevens does not meet their requirements on ranking.

Thank you for your response. From my point of view, compared to the financial engineering program, the business analytics program seems more job-oriented. If I choose business analytics, I might lose the opportunity to apply for the Ph.D. program. But if I choose Stevens, there is no way back for me, which seems risky. I must guarantee that I can be admitted to the Ph.D. program or find a job in the US. Otherwise, I must return to China, and companies in China highly value qs ranking and USnews ranking, whereas Stevens does not meet their requirements on ranking.
One other thing to consider if your goal is to eventually get your Ph.D. is that Steven's Institute of Technology offers a financial engineering Ph.D. program that some of their students go on to do after their mfe. An mfe from SIT certainly isn't a guaranteed acceptance into their Ph.D. program, you will need to stand out among many other applicants with strong backgrounds. It is worth noting though that I have been strongly advised against doing a Ph.D. just for the sake of getting a job, 5 years of research will be grueling if you aren't truly interested in it.

As for job placement from their MFE program, I couldn't find much information beyond what Quantnet provides. Perhaps try emailing them and maybe they will shed some more light on career outcomes from alumni

Back