• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stochastic process in finance

Does anybody have the link or pdf that explains easily the basics of stochastic process in finance easily ? Thanks!!

It depends on how much you want to know.

Search "Brownian Motion" in wikepedia and you get the first impression.

Thanks Quotes. I want to other processes as well including stochastic calculas, itos lemma, markov, so on. If you do know easy way to understand that please do let. I have pretty good math sans stochastic.

Quite sure there is no easy way to understand those concepts. Maybe Hull's book can give you some idea about Ito but not about the others.

I like this book:
Stochastic Processes and Models by Stirzaker

I agree with Sherlock's recommendation, Hull is a great reference. For me personally, i studied math but then had been away from it from it for a while and had never studied stochastics. When I got into finance i was really struggling to understand exactly what a stochastic process was and how it was used. Reading "Quantitative Methods for Finance" by Watsham and Parramore answered lot of questions I had. Over all it was a really book. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/186152367X/ref=oh_o06_s00_i01_details)

Back