• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stochastic Processes in Finance

I'm taking a course next semester as an upper level senior in stochastic processes. I want to ultimately construct a model or apply what i learn to the financial industry. Can anyone please suggest some sort of project I can do that would be worthy of putting on my resume ?

Create a new R package which would allow other people to use your new model.

I am not sure if I understand you! but you can start with the Poisson process which is a continuous-time process and end in the jump diffusion model of Merton, in which an additional term is employed in the normal SDE to care about the jumps. You can then code the model and compare it with the black-scholes. This is not however something new as you know; but you can follow the literature and see whats new on these models.

Back