• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Structured Finance

Navnitbariar

MaverickNavnit
Hi,

I am very much interested in Structured finance (both Credit and Rates), but have difficulty in finding top notch structurers...... means for neone interested into trading is aware or names like Nassim Taleb etc. does neone knows the same for structurers.

Also, I am preparing for GRE for an MFE course..... does this course helps in ground preparation for a career in Structuring ? Please if someone working as structurer or having worked in similar kind can share their views on this.

I am currently in Valuations of OTC derivatives products... hold a bachelors in Mathematics and an MBA in Finance.

Thanks very much for your views.:sos:

People would rather have their names well-known around the Street or appeared on WSJ. When that happens, most of the time, it is because of a big loss or some other embarrassing things.
How many traders do you know because they lost HUGE money? Ask the same question for those who make HUGE profit? What is the ratio?
Structurers hardly make the news simply because no one person is individually responsible for a loss like traders.
You may find this reading interesting Structured Finance Analyst: Day in the Life - QuantNetwork - Financial Engineering Forum

Agreed on what you pointed, they never single handedly do stuffs. thanks... yes that article was good.

Back