• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Suggestion for a Good Finance "Funny" Book

I'm not looking to learn, or gain any insight into anything finance whatsoever. I just recall laughing out loud multiple times while reading Monkey Business and Liar's Poker. I'd like to get there again. Comedy films just don't do it for me.

Any suggestions?

I just remembered "The Quants". If you never read that Andy it's worth a shot.

My co-worker is recommending that I read some more Michael Lewis books (The Big Short, Travels in the Big Third World, etc.) and "When Genius Failed"

Last edited:
I just remembered "The Quants". If you never read that Andy it's worth a shot.

My co-worker is recommending that I read some more Michael Lewis books (The Big Short, Travels in the Big Third World, etc.) and "When Genius Failed"
All of Michael Lewis' books are funny and he is a great story teller although his opinion is clearly coming out all the time.

"When Genius Failed" is not funny but it's a page turner.

You can also read some of William Poundstone books. I enjoyed "Fortune's Formula".

Back