• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Suggestion for MFE Berkeley Application Status : Hold and re-interviewed

I had recently applied in Round 3 of MFE Berkeley program for 2014 session. Unfortunately, my interview didn't go well and my application was put "On Hold" but recently I received another call for re-interview and this interview was perfect according to me. Honestly, I believe I could not have a better interview than the one I just had.

I want suggestion from the community about what others courses/materials could I follow to further improve my chances/application because I haven't heard from them after my re-interview. I guess, from the posts that I have read it is extremely difficult to convert a HOLD application to full offer in Berkeley. Has there been any such instances in the past where people were re-interviewed after being placed on Hold ?

My Background : CFA Level 3 candidate
B.Tech and Masters in Chemical Engineering.
Pursued few courses on Coursera and MIT OCW such as Columbia FE etc
5 years of Professional Experience as a financial analyst

Thanks in advance for your help and responses !!

Last edited:
Haven't received any response on this :(..Please reply.....Has anyone had a re-interview in MFE Berkeley application process ?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the link. I actually have gone through the above link before, but nowhere in the links has someone mentioned about re-interview after being placed 'On Hold'. I am just trying to gather information about what else I could do at this stage to atleast have a chance.

I had given up all my hopes after being placed on hold and after reading the above link. But, after a good re-interview I thought I had a chance. But, hopes are fading again as the time is passing and not hearing anything from them. It has been a lot of efforts and struggle. I should say I have mixed feelings here, content with the fact that I have given my best but highly disappointed that it hasn't produced any result. :(

Thanks

Back