• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Taking Pre-Req's at a Community College not acceptable/preferred?

Arw

Hello. I recently graduated with an Economics degree ranked T40 by USNEWS. I am looking to go down the road of quant finance and would like to apply to a masters program to enroll in Fall of 2024. I am planning on taking a couple pre req's in the fall and next spring to boost my application. Since I graduated college, I have moved back home and started a Full time job as an investment Analyst. Since I am no longer a full-time student. I am planning on taking these classes Online at a local CC. I feel like this is normal/acceptable given that I am done with my undergrad classes. I was double checking programs around the country that my pre req's would be beneficial/needed for my applications later on. I went to Rutgers MSQF and read there FAQ section. The important thing here is that it says certain Community College Classes may not be considered for admission. I am planning on taking Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, and Calc 3 at this CC. Has anyone ever heard of this or applied with pre req's from a CC with no issue? Any advice/commentary on this situation would be helpful. Thanks you for your time in advance! (here is a link to the FAQ section I am talking about: Frequently Asked Questions (MS Quantitative Finance)).
1658973433181.png

Back