• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE The 2023-2024 Pre-MFE Program at Baruch College

dstefan

Baruch MFE Director
The Financial Engineering Program at Baruch College offers a Pre-MFE Program for people interested in pursuing graduate studies in financial engineering, as well as for finance practitioners interested in studying the mathematical fundamentals behind financial models.

All the 2023-2024 Pre-MFE seminars will be offered online, via Zoom. The times are 7-11pm New York time; three-hour lecture followed by a one hour review session.

There is no need to be physically located in New York to take these seminars. Last year, our Pre-MFE students came from Asia, Europe, North America, and South America.

Registration is now open and enrollment in each seminar is limited to 40 students.

October - December 2023
Pre-MFE online seminars
(The Pre-MFE Program at Baruch College):
- Advanced Calculus with Financial Engineering Applications (October 17 – December 12, 2023; on-line, syllabus attached)
- Probability Theory for Financial Applications (October 16 – December 11, 2023; on-line, syllabus attached)

Enrollment in each seminar is limited to 40 people.

Feedback from Pre-MFE seminars participants in previous years can be found at http://mfe.baruch.cuny.edu/pre-mfe-seminars-feedback/

Registration Process: The seminars are offered in the evenings on an eight session schedule, each session being four hours long: 7-10pm Lecture, 10-11pm Review Session

To apply for enrollment, send an email to baruch.mfe@baruch.cuny.edu with the following documents:
- a current version of your resume
- a one page statement detailing your career and educational goals, as well as how the Pre-MFE Program seminars align with those goals
- indicate the seminar(s) for which you intend to register

Pre-MFE Seminars:

Advanced Calculus with Financial Engineering Applications
Dates: October 17 – December 12, 2023
Instructor: Rados Radoicic, Baruch MFE Program Faculty

Probability Theory for Financial Engineering
Dates: October 16 – December 11, 2023
Instructor: Ivan Matic, Baruch MFE Program Faculty

Numerical Linear Algebra for Financial Engineering
Dates: February – March, 2024
Instructor: Dan Stefanica, Baruch MFE Program Director

Instructor: Elena Kosygina, Baruch MFE Program Faculty

The syllabi for the first two seminars are attached.

More information can be found at The Pre-MFE Program at Baruch College

Attachments

• pre-mfe-ac_fe-oct2023-syllabus.pdf
    42.9 KB · Views: 118
  • pre-mfe-prob-oct2023-syllabus.pdf
    34.4 KB · Views: 72
  • pre-mfe-nla-feb2024-syllabus.pdf
    38.7 KB · Views: 66
Registration is open for the October-December 2023 seminars:

Dates: October 17 – December 12, 2023

Dates: October 16 – December 11, 2023
Instructor: Ivan Matic, Baruch MFE Program Faculty

Registration Process: The seminars are offered in the evenings on an eight session schedule, each session being four hours long: 7-10pm Lecture, 10-11pm Review Session

To apply for enrollment, send an email to baruch.mfe@baruch.cuny.edu with the following documents:
- a current version of your resume
- a one page statement detailing your career and educational goals, as well as how the Pre-MFE Program seminars align with those goals
- indicate the seminar(s) for which you intend to register

Syllabi attached.

Attachments

• pre-mfe-prob-oct2023-syllabus.pdf
    34.4 KB · Views: 39
  • pre-mfe-ac_fe-oct2023-syllabus.pdf
    42.9 KB · Views: 25
Thank you for posting the announcement. I have a quick question, I checked the syllabus of the seminars but to make sure--are the contents of the seminars aligned with the QBA exams? Thank you very much.

Thank you for posting the announcement. I have a quick question, I checked the syllabus of the seminars but to make sure--are the contents of the seminars aligned with the QBA exams? Thank you very much.
The material from the Pre-MFE seminars covers everything that is needed to know for the QBA for Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra. The AC-FE seminar covers the Finance part of the QBA as well.

Hi
I wanted to ask you if there will be any info session this year?
We do not have plans to hold an information session yet. If we do, we will announce it on this thread and it will be virtual.

The material from the Pre-MFE seminars covers everything that is needed to know for the QBA for Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra. The AC-FE seminar covers the Finance part of the QBA as well.
Thank you for your answer sir. I will be reserving my sit ASAP.

Hi @dstefan, can we register for Numerical Linear Algebra for Financial Engineering for February - March 2024 now, or fresh window will be open for this seminar? I'm really excited to be part of that seminar and learn from you.

Hello, after one sends an email to register for the seminars, how long it usually takes to hear back about the result? Thank you!

Hey, just checking if there is some sort of confirmation that is sent on application submission or are we intimated only when the decision is made?

Back