• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

The End of Structured Finance and Securitization as We Know It???

I posted this in another forum; however, I'm curious to see what folks on Quantnet think. There has been a lot of talk about the future of structured finance around my firm lately.

With all the trouble going on "on the Street" and in the economy a lot of folks are starting to give structured products a black eye. From currently working in sales in the structured space (mainly cash and synthetic CDOs and CMOs), I have seen this market dry up and it seems like no one is structuring deals any more.

With all the toxic stuff out there it's hard to imagine structure coming back any time soon. I'm curious to learn the opinion of members on how they see the future of the structured finance industry.

Thanks,
J

This may sound naive, but I'd like to believe Andy when he said "ask not if this is the right time. Ask if this line of work is for you."

And if it is, so long as you have the job skills, the people skills, and certainly the communications skills, you'll find something.

And if you're an optimist like me that believes the green industrial revolution is around the corner (because we don't like borrowing money from the Chinese to purchase polluting fossil fuels from people that want to kill us), well...I think that a green revolution+obligatory green corporation bubble is just around the corner =).

Back