• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

The Worlds First Ultraportable 15.6" Laptop!!??

I found just the one for you Alain!

SunFireV250.png
Ah... the old days. :)

lol. I know I cooking myself by asking this but I have to: Alain, why do you hate Windows so much? I'm asking genuinely, I would like to learn. I do tons of IT and so far I have really enjoyed Windows.

This one might work too!

apple-i.jpg

It may cost a few hundred times more than an equivalent PC, but hey, no windows!

lol. I know I cooking myself by asking this but I have to: Alain, why do you hate Windows so much? I'm asking genuinely, I would like to learn. I do tons of IT and so far I have really enjoyed Windows.
What kind of IT do you do? Let's get that out of the way first.

Fine. You don't have to reboot this one:

1943_whirlwind_large.jpg

... as a matter of fact it's famous for being turned on for literally days.

Pretty easy to use too. Very simple user interface to learn. Not very full featured, but as OS X taught us overly basic = in.

... also has tons of shiny aluminum!

Fine. You don't have to reboot this one:

1943_whirlwind_large.jpg

... as a matter of fact it's famous for being turned on for literally days.

Pretty easy to use too. Very simple user interface to learn. Not very full featured, but as OS X taught us overly basic = in.

... also has tons of shiny aluminum!
Ah, the irony... not as easy to work with. I remember when one of my old professors in Cuba was able to debug FORTRAN code by reading a tape...take that!!!

Yeah, my professor said that when he was coding in his Masters in Africa everyone had to wait on line for their turn to have their code entered into the school machine. I don't remember the machine type. He said it was painfully slow and since everyone had one shot each class they made sure their codes were PERFECT before attempting to compile.

Basically hes annoyed that we just keep clicking "compile" until the compiler finds all of the problems for us rather then us debug ourselves.

This was APL btw.

Alain, you went to college in Africa?!?

Yike - sometimes a joke is a joke ;)

Yeah, my professor said that when he was coding in his Masters in Africa everyone had to wait on line for their turn to have their code entered into the school machine. I don't remember the machine type. He said it was painfully slow and since everyone had one shot each class they made sure their codes were PERFECT before attempting to compile.

Basically hes annoyed that we just keep clicking "compile" until the compiler finds all of the problems for us rather then us debug ourselves.

This was APL btw.

... looks like Africa to me... :p

Back