• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF Thinking of re-applying to NYU: need advice

Hello guys,

I have been following this forum for about 3 months now, but this is my first post. I recently graduated (in Jan) from Rutgers with a double major in ITI (Information Technology & Informatics) and Mathematics. I became familiar with this field last year, and since then I started thinking of applying to grad schools. I applied late (for the reason that I realized I wanted to do this in my last undergrad semester), and didnt get accepted into NYU or CMU which were basically my top choices. I did get into the Rutgers MSMF program but I am thinking of applying again next year to NYU, bcoz I really like their curriculum and the fact that the courses are taught by practitioners. I need advice on whether I can make my profile strong enough for admission into NYU next year. Here is a bit more about my profile:
GRE: math 800, verbal 600, awa: 4
I recently (in March) started working part-time at a company that maintains a database of all hedge funds, and I am learning about the industry. I have a programming background, particularly in JAVA/SQL/HTML/CSS. However I did not take any C++ classes during my undergrad career. So I am thinking of either taking an introductory C++ course offered in NYU, or a C++ certification offered somewhere else. I also didnt take many probability classes in my undergrad so I am thinking about taking a prob class as well somewhere else.
I would really appreciate if I can get advice on how I can make my application stronger, if possible and how much chance do I have for NYU?

Thank you!

Back