• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

This is cool: backtesting baseball

Sports and statistics are inseparably. :)

I am not sure which streak is less likely to be broken:

Joe Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak or

Cal Ripken Jr's 2632 consecutive games played.

I think neither will ever be matched.

I am not sure which streak is less likely to be broken:

Joe Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak or

Cal Ripken Jr's 2632 consecutive games played.

I think neither will ever be matched.

Dimaggio's is probably harder. Not to take any merit out of Ripken's record but his managers always helped him to keep the record alive.

Dimaggio's is probably harder. Not to take any merit out of Ripken's record but his managers always helped him to keep the record alive.

You mean, like, his dad? ;)

Baseball has got to be the only sport where someone can start over 2600 games in a row. There's just not that many games played in other sports. Thank goodness 90% of baseball is just standing around.

A 56 game hitting streak seems so simple. Just get a hit in 56 straight games. It's not as easy as those simulations imply, IMO.

Back