• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Timing of Full Time Job Applications

Steilermeier

Statistics PhD student
Hello,

how many months in advance should one start the application process for full time positions? Does it depend on the company? Does it depend on the country? On what else does it depend? When do you start to approach headhunters? I guess loading ones CV up in some career portals can be started with immediately.

I will be finished with my PhD in Statistics at the end of 2011 latest.

Cheers

Steilermeier

Best way would be to arrange so that if offered a job, the start date and your PhD graduation date work out. It's easy said than done because it's hard to know how long each step would take at any firm.
I've been through places where one interview is scheduled weeks after the initial interview. At others, it takes 2 weeks to hear back the final decision.

Back