• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

"To what other graduate schools are you seeking admission? "

roni

Cornell FE
I noticed that the different programs ask this question, but I don't understand what the reason for asking the question is. Can the info influence the decision of the admissions committee ?
I think listing many or even any can really influence the decision because it shows how committed you are going to be in case they accept you.

People who applied (and got accepted) to any program, how did you answer this question?

Roni.

It's in your GRE report anyway so it does not matter much. Some programs use that to run their own survey for internal purpose.
I rarely look at that section when I evaluate an application. When I do, it makes for an interesting observation as it shows how the applicant self evaluates himself by the group of programs he applies to.

In short, don't stress it. It is not going to make a difference.

It's in your GRE report anyway so it does not matter much. Some programs use that to run their own survey for internal purpose.
I rarely look at that section when I evaluate an application. When I do, it makes for an interesting observation as it shows how the applicant self evaluates himself by the group of programs he applies to.

In short, don't stress it. It is not going to make a difference.

I see, Andy.

Thanks for the comment.

Roni.

Back