• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Tuition

Just observed the berkeley tuition for next year class is about 60k, 5k increase from incoming class this year, and I believe current graduating class was 50k. So 5k increase each year for the last two years. Also saw similar increase from ucla this year. Not sure other schools are doing the same.

At this rate, the cost is getting to a point that it may not be worth the investment.

Did it affect mba tuition too?
For mba, in-state residents are less than 50k per year, so the cost of 2 years mba are not much higher than 1 year mfe.
Plus if get some scholarship for the mba, the tuition cost would be the same.

I saw these sky high tuitions for a lot of programs. I guess it is because they say it is a professional degree, like a MBA. As far as my knowledge is concerned, a lot of MFE grads start out as Analysts(an entry level position) than Associates(mostly MBAs) right? Then why is it that they still charge tuitions like it is a MBA program(or even more)? Is there a divide as to how the Universities and Industry view MFE grads?

Back