• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin U of Toronto MMF Question

Haha prepare for quizzes on top of writing an exam the day before and 2 hours after the interview should be a challenge. You think just generally math quizes on the pre-req courses?

I've never heard of such a process, perhaps its new due to the high number of applicants this year. I can't really tell you what to expect.. sry!

Don't be sorry you've helped a lot already! I'll just do brain teasers to keep my mind sharp and be myself.

Dibbs HI, I am interested in UT's MMF programme, and do U know which college/department is in charge of this programme(Engineering, Mathematics or Economics or finance etc.). I could find the exact information on its website. THX~~

It's under Arts and Science. The program kind of does it's own thing haha.

id be very interested in a toronto meet up as well since im considering the u of t mmf program as well so keep us posted :)

Any reason why people went to the UofT program instead of the UWaterloo program? It is a lot cheaper than the MMF in UT and you also learn more stuff, and you get to keep your own internship earnings...obviously the downside is you do not get to live in Toronto :)

P.S.: Disclaimer here, I turned down the MMF offer this year to go to the MQF program in Waterloo, but that is just me and I want to hear what others say about this...

Well I think the main reason for people preferring the MMF at U of T over Waterloo is because U of T is better known overall. Also I assume as a student you would prefer to live in a large city such as Toronto. The reason why I would prefer to get accepted in U of T over other places even in the States is mainly because my family lives in Toronto so I can avoid having any living expenses and at the same time avoid moving to another city. I have already lived in 5 cities in 3 different continents so I am a bit tired of moving around :). However i have heard excellent things about the Waterloo program, it is a school that has excellent program for the Maths and sciences and it always seem to produce well prepared students. Also on a sidenote I have a EU passport and want to keep my options open. I feel that if I were to move back to Europe and search for a job the U of T name would be more recognizable by employers than the Waterloo name even though I am almost positive they're both equally good programs.

T.H.: Make sense, I do agree Waterloo has do a lot better to make itself a bigger name internationally, but I guess only time could tell...

Also, i'm angry at their website. It is old and I think it gives a bad first impression of the program.
Dibbs,
Looks like your cries were heard. http://www.mmf.utoronto.ca/
The CDN 17,000 internship tuition rebate is a very interesting concept.
http://www.mmf.utoronto.ca/tuition.html
Students who successfully negotiate an internship appointment, will have their tution fees reduced by the equal amount of the internship sponsor's fee paid to the Program.

Hello guys,
I want to apply for mmf at U of T for next. any advices for the application will be welcome

Back