• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UBS Fixed Income informational sessions

You probably got the email through Cathy. Anyone going to visit UBS on August 14, 15, 16, or 21 ?

The Information Session will be held at the UBS office in Stamford, CT, and will begin at 2:00pm and will conclude around 5:00pm.
Agenda
2:00-2:30 - Tour of the Trading Floor
2:30-3:15 - Informational on the floor
3:15-4:00 - Informational on the floor
4:00-5:00 - Sales and Trading Panel

Hey Andy,

Is this a Baruch or IAFE hosted event?

Also is this a general open house to guests, MSc graduates, etc?

Gotcha. I'm currently employed - wouldn't want there to be a conflict of interest.

Well, I just got back from the UBS Fixed income informational session. There were 8 of us invited today. There are two students from CMU's MSCQ program, one from Cornell's MSOR program, one from Lehigh program, 2 bio engineering students from UPenn, one PhD candidate from Yale and your truly.
Of the 8 students, 4 will graduate this Dec and the rest next year.
I believe they invite around 32 people for the 4 days, 8 students each. It was quite informative. We met lot of people from MD to head trader of FX trading, credit derivatives, portfolio. We each has two one-on-one sessions. I got to meet a lady who works in commodity structured product and the director of FX exotics trading. It was quite nice talking to them. Even though the email stressed that it's not an interview but I got drilled a bit.

The whole experience got me thinking about how UBS plans to recruit the MFE graduates. I'll be sure to write a more complete review on their new approach and what I learn from today.

Stay tuned.

Back