• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Interview invite for round 2

Has anyone received an invite? Also is it true that UCB placements for 2019 have fallen? Thanks.

According to the statistics of last year, r2 interviews will be released at the start of May. Waiting for it as well.

Got a straight reject from UCB, not even an interview invite or a waitlist. A brief on my profile:
Electrical Engg & MBA Finance from top Universities in India (IIT/IIM)
CFA Level 2, FRM certified
2.5 years+ FX Trader at Citibank
GRE 329 (169Q + 160V), awa 3.5
Is there any way at all to find out what was written in my recommendations.? I did sign the agreement not to waive off my right to view my recoss.

Hi, sorry to hear the sad news about you. May i ask what do you mean by "direct rej"? recently, i was updated to "hold status" and it seems this is an euphemism of "rejection". Am i in the same situation with you? Your information would be very helpful.

Got a straight reject from UCB, not even an interview invite or a waitlist. A brief on my profile:
Electrical Engg & MBA Finance from top Universities in India (IIT/IIM)
CFA Level 2, FRM certified
2.5 years+ FX Trader at Citibank
GRE 329 (169Q + 160V), awa 3.5
Is there any way at all to find out what was written in my recommendations.? I did sign the agreement not to waive off my right to view my recoss.
Why did you do that man?If you don't waive off your right to access your recommendations,why would they be taken seriously.
Adcom would think you had an influence over what was written.

Hi, I just received the hold status and long pre checklist without an interview just a couple of days after I submitted my application. Does this mean the rejection?

Hi, sorry to hear the sad news about you. May i ask what do you mean by "direct rej"? recently, i was updated to "hold status" and it seems this is an euphemism of "rejection". Am i in the same situation with you? Your information would be very helpful.
Hi, I just received the hold status and long pre checklist without an interview just a couple of days after I submitted my application. Does this mean the rejection?

Hello are you round 3 applicant? I haven’t got any change of status after being held
Yes.At that time, I even couldn't believe how quickly I got the result. Do you have any idea about the hold status?

If 'interview' is in the checklist, maybe there will be an interview following. If not, it is almost a rejection (not 100% sure, about 95%)
I have an interview in the checklist.But I see some people who get admitted without any interview

Back