• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UChicago FinMath 2025 Advice

I have a really strong interest in the 2025 UChicago FinMath program and looking for realistic feedback on how much of a pipedream this is for me, and what I can do to improve

- Industrial engineering major at a top 5/10 undergrad engineering school (I am from chicagoland area)
- My major courses/experiences have taught me basic coding mainly with Python and math up to lin alg/dif eq
- 3.5 GPA (Won't change much with 2 semesters left)
- Summer internship (+ last summer) working at an exchange (not super technical, but lots of market research involved)
- Taking an intro financial engineering course at my university this summer (includes a course long project) + Commodity Price Analysis course next sem
- Small arbitrage sports betting project I am working on this summer

Any advice/feedback is appreciated!

You will need Linear Algebra, Multi-variable calculus, Differential Equations and Probability Theory in your course work.

Last edited:
Back