• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM Uchicago msfm program review

After graduating from this program, I got some comments to share.
I enjoy Option Pricing and Numerical Method course offered by Roger Lee and the Risk Management course by Mark.
Out of these two, I would highly recommend the fixed income course offered by Booth (John), where we can pick one course in Booth as selective.
For the programming course, Chanaka is the best. If you don't really have exposure in C++, he will teach you from scretch. (Chanaka is the best!! really not recommend other professor(not mentioning the name here), i think his course is not structural enough and got tons of homework that need to figure it out by yourself via google that waste me lots of time = =)
Multivariate statistical analysis by wang mei is also really worth it. She taught several methods such as PCA that i can really applied to my job now.
Career service is the best as well. Emily helped me a lot and give me lots of faith in applying job. She analyzed my resume and let me know what to prepare and always responds my email within a day and assisted me with the cover letters etc. Thanksfully that she's back again. (She resigned early last year but came back. CDO without her is a mess) This is also the main reason that I picked this program.
Let me know if you have any question. I'll share as much as I can.

for my background: i worked as acturial analyst for three years and changed my career to quant and i enjoy it.

This is so great to see you share your experience. I'd ask for a favor that you post your review here

This way, it's easier for students to look at reviews over the years and see how the program changes, for good or bad.
And be as detailed as you can (you already did a good job telling what you like). What you did not particularly like about the program?
What would you like to see changed in the program?
What would be your advice to potential students to the program?

After graduating from this program, I got some comments to share.
I enjoy Option Pricing and Numerical Method course offered by Roger Lee and the Risk Management course by Mark.
Out of these two, I would highly recommend the fixed income course offered by Booth (John), where we can pick one course in Booth as selective.
For the programming course, Chanaka is the best. If you don't really have exposure in C++, he will teach you from scretch. (Chanaka is the best!! really not recommend other professor(not mentioning the name here), i think his course is not structural enough and got tons of homework that need to figure it out by yourself via google that waste me lots of time = =)
Multivariate statistical analysis by wang mei is also really worth it. She taught several methods such as PCA that i can really applied to my job now.
Career service is the best as well. Emily helped me a lot and give me lots of faith in applying job. She analyzed my resume and let me know what to prepare and always responds my email within a day and assisted me with the cover letters etc. Thanksfully that she's back again. (She resigned early last year but came back. CDO without her is a mess) This is also the main reason that I picked this program.
Let me know if you have any question. I'll share as much as I can.

for my background: i worked as acturial analyst for three years and changed my career to quant and i enjoy it.
Hi! Thanks so much for sharing. I am currently considering attending the MSFM program. Were you and your peers all able to find internships/jobs okay?

Back