• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UK: Uni of Edinburgh vs Durham Uni

Which uni would u recommend?

• Edinburgh

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Durham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nottingham

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mdg

Hi,
I believe this isnt the best place to ask this question, but I have been scratching my head over what to go for. I am planning to pursue my masters in the UK as an international student, and the options I have gotten are:
  1. Edinburgh: DPT: Computational Applied Mathematics (MSc) - 1 Year (Full-time) (PTMSCCOMAM1F)
  2. Durham( financial technology track): https://apps.dur.ac.uk/faculty.handbook/2022/PG/programme/G5T209
  3. Nottingham (not keen on this): Data Science MSc - University of Nottingham
While I'm sure these are fine, I wish to ask, which course and uni would you recommend, strictly in terms of the coursework? In terms of costs, Durham offered a scholarship, so adjusting for accommodation, the difference is roughly 4k pounds. I am curious about how does the course feel for more quant roles(but not restricted to it strictly ), and which uni between these enjoys a better reputation globally and locally?

Probably Edinburgh > Durham > Nottingham. Did u apply to London unis or Oxbridge? Quant roles are more targetted at these unis

Back