Undergrad Looking Ahead

• Thread starter Thread starter srm
  • Start date Start date

srm

Hi,

I'm currently an undergraduate at NYU looking for opportunities during the Spring and Summer. I would like to pursue a quant career, but right now I am looking to try to get some experience in a related field. It doesn't have to be explicitly quantitative in nature as I am just hoping for some exposure but I've been finding difficult to get some traction with firms applying online, or at different recruiting events.

I am studying Economic Theory and Philosophy (minoring in Math and Comp Sci). I know this forum is primarily for MFEs but I just wanted to see if anyone had anyone I could talk to about getting professional experience, on top of other things that might help me prepare for an MFE program.

Thanks for your help!

Can you code? Yes/No?
If no, learn to code.
If yes, find some small shop that needs some coding done and offer to code for free as an internship.

Yes, I can code in Java and C++, and have used software inc. Stata, SPSS, and MATLAB. Did you have a language or type of project in mind I should try to focus on?

Yeah, it's just been a little discouraging as I haven't been able to get many positive/personal responses.

Back