• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Unofficial transcripts

Hi everyone, I have completed the certificate, and received my diploma. I am really glad I got it! :)

Now I am filling my application to CMU MSCF, and the following is requested :
List all colleges and universities that you have attended (even if it was only one class), beginning with the institution where you completed your undergraduate degree.

NOTE: We will expect to receive unofficial transcripts for each institution listed in your application. Your application will remain incomplete and will not be reviewed until we receive all unofficial transcripts reported in your application at the time of submission.
It also requests:
List all computer science courses that you have taken including university name, course title, topics covered and grade earned. Specifically, please detail the programming languages in which you are proficient.

How can I request unofficial and official transcripts of my final grade to be sent to all universities that may require it?

Thank you,

Andy Nguyen
Daniel Duffy
dstefan
gstanczak

Hi,

One more question about the CMU unofficial transcript. I am confused and I wonder whether it requires mailing transcripts to their department or not.

On one hand, it says, NOTE: We will expect to receive unofficial transcripts for each institution listed in your application.(sounded like it does need mailing)
One the other hand, it requires uploading a scanned official transcript and says, " Note: Should you be admitted, we will request official transcripts at a later date."

I wonder what does it mean "We will expect to receive unofficial transcripts". Does it require mailing or simply refer to the scanned upload? And if it requires mailing the paper transcript, why don't they just ask mailing the official one directly?

PS: The MSCF Admission people seems not responsive at all by email. That's why I am posting questions here.

Regards,

Back