• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Urgent help and advice needed

My recommender has not been able to submit my review to the platform. Every time she does, it returns a server error. I have written to their email an N no. of times, so has my recommender. My other recs were uploaded a bit early so it seems they are fine.

Can anyone please advise what can I do in this situation?

If the AO is not replying to your message, the best you could do is ask your recommender to send his/her letter in PDF form directly via email. Make sure to include your reference number (if there's any). In the worst-case scenario, even if they don't see it at all, it doesn't mean an automatic reject. In fact, they would probably consider your application in a holistic way, with or without your RL. So, it's not the end of the world. Do what you can do and get your finger-crossed.

Try to email some people related to the department (e.g. the program director, career advisor), let them know that the email you've been trying to reach out to isn't responding. If they reply they should be able either escalate the issue to the relevant people, or point you to them.

@rivoltP and @noether-skolem thanks for the advice.

My application just got completed. My reviewer sent out my recommendation, roughly a couple of weeks ago, and I wrote back to Columbia's IEOR DL. This is a DL on which you can actually get a response.

Fingers crossed now.

Back