• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

USC MFE vs Nothing

Hi all,

I'm currently employed at a systematic trading hedge fund, after previously working at a investment bank in NYC. I've had a reasonably successful career, but one area which I felt that has kind of held me back is that I never went to grad school. I'm mostly working on the trading infrastructure (low latency programming), but would like to get more involved with the strategies.

I'm almost 30 now, and I feel if I don't do it now, then I'll never do it. I'm thinking of going to the USC MFE program, which I can do part time. I'm not sure if my company will provide tuition reimbursement, I don't think it's something that they typically cover. But I do make a good salary, and can easily afford to pay myself.

Do you think it would be worth the time, effort, and money to pursue this?

Thx!

Back