• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Visa Woes

Hello,

Does anybody know the e-mail address of Cora Jordan from ISSC? I tried to call the ISSC today, and it seems nobody is at home. I did speak to a person who couldn't wait to put down the phone though.

Sangfroid said:
Hello,
Does anybody know the e-mail address of Cora Jordan from ISSC? I tried to call the ISSC today, and it seems nobody is at home. I did speak to a person who couldn't wait to put down the phone though.
The name is not Cora Jordan, it's Cora Jordon. That's why i couldn't find her name on the directory at first.
Here is her contact info
http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/directory/detail.jsp?oid=72347668
The email does not show but if you go by the usual email assignment for Baruch then her email should be Cora_Jordon@baruch.cuny.edu
Regards

Hey Sangfroid,
'woes'? what issue are you having ?
Try ISSC in the afternoon NY time, I think there's another officer takes over from noon(not sure exactly, but worth a try), and he seems to be a much more helpful staff to talk to.

It's a long story which started in March. Anyway, Dan and Ben helped solve my woes.

I'll be doing a walk-in application next week. Wish me luck!

Hi Sangfroid,
how long do you have to wait to interview appointment? Do you know what I'm refering here, on the U.S department of State's website http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tempvisitors_wait.php,
there's an estimate of waiting time for a visa interview and processing time, so does the information give out on the website accurately reflect the reality in Singapore.
Coz it's not quite so at where I am, it says 3 times for student visa at Auckland, but when I called in today, I can't schedule one until the 1st of Aug, that's like 30days :shock: , 1000% discrepancy!

BTW, Sangfroid, what kinda of 'woes' did u have? It'd be nice for me to know so that I can avoid it, thanks.

Well, in Singapore, administration of official documents are prompt and user-friendly. I was on the queue at 8.30am and waited right through till 9.40am when I was called for the interview. I thought it was a one-on-one in a small dark room. You know those interrogation rooms. But much to my dismay, it was in PUBLIC, talking to an officer through a 'looking glass'. :cool: You could hear so and so's.....

After having prepared soooo... many documents, the officer placidly eyed me and asked if I have tendered my resignation and if my manager is aware...?????? Oh well, I suppose the aura of '....' (an American corporation) does great wonders, huh. I collected my passport and visa in 2 days time. Spotless and accurate!

Woes? I shall have to PM, because what I have to say is not for public viewing... ;-)

Back