• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

VS C++ - Property Sheets

Dear all,

I'm facing the following problem and I think the Property sheets can be the solution, but I don't find clear information on internet about it, I hope someone can help me

I have a solution in C++ with several projects. If I want that a project can have access to another project, I have to add the reference and then modify the include section in the properties of the project. And I have to do that for every project... (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235627.aspx)

I read that the property sheet can make my life easier, but I don't know how to add the references. However, I do know how to modify the include directories path.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Instead of changing the properties of project one by one you can include the location of library and header of the already build project in the tools->options->projects & solutions->VC++ directories. There you need to add header file path and library path. I just checked this has been changed to property sheet in Visual Studio 2010.

You can try this video where they have explained how to include BOOST header & library in your project using property sheet.

Dear all,

I'm facing the following problem and I think the Property sheets can be the solution, but I don't find clear information on internet about it, I hope someone can help me

I have a solution in C++ with several projects. If I want that a project can have access to another project, I have to add the reference and then modify the include section in the properties of the project. And I have to do that for every project... (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235627.aspx)

I read that the property sheet can make my life easier, but I don't know how to add the references. However, I do know how to modify the include directories path.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

I use the CMake build system. It is a cross-platform build system, but I have found it to be invaluable for project management, including dependencies, even when using MSVS only. I no longer have any need for Property sheets.

There is a bit of a learning curve but in my opinion it's more than worth it.

MiloRambaldi, I tried to use it (since it seems it's widley used) but as you sais the learning curve is long... do you have any resources to get familiared with it?

I looked at some simple examples, and once I understood them, the documentation on the CMake web page usually suffices. There is also a CMake mailing list, which is an excellent resource for more advanced issues.

qfcl/random uses CMake, so you can find example CMakeLists.txt files there, but you might be better off finding simpler examples to start with.

Back