• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Wallstreet in the 90s

Anyone worked on Wallstreet in the 90s? Hung out in the greatest bar on earth? Ate at Moran's? How's it now? I visited New York couple of months ago and I wanted to go out drinking on a Wednesday and all seemed dead, is this the norm in New York now?

Also, anyone interested in working together loosely on methods of investing(ml/ai/etc)? Not sharing technologies but sharing forecast with each other. I have been working on a system since the days of Medusa on Park Avenue. Unfortunately, when I left New York, I didn't stay in contact with anyone, I have a system for mining but I have no contacts. A little about me, I am a hacker from the late 80s - a book was written about the group. I walked into my first wall street job with sneakers from cold calling and offering to sell my software. I landed a job instead, overlooking the status of liberty in a corner office. drunk heavily in my 20s with friends and left huge tips that stacked up like volcanoes from late night drinking - great times! Not looking into drinking anymore but making huge sums of money, like the old times.

I have a system for mining but I have no contacts.

What kind of 'mining'?

I used to frequent O'Henry in the Village in the (very) early 70's but you were not around at the time?

I have a system for mining but I have no contacts.

What kind of 'mining'?

I used to frequent O'Henry in the Village in the (very) early 70's but you were not around at the time?

Supervised deep learning neural network. Too bad, I wasn't around the 70s but I'm sure it was the same DNA, the hard charging calculating risk taking types, a fun group. I don't recall going to O'Henrys but I may have, is it still around?

Back