• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What does the market think about prop?

Hi

I'm working as a middle office quant in a big bank. Lately, I'm checking the market and found several interesting job offerings from prop firms. They are well known and are out there since more than 15 years.

So, I was wondering what the job market is thinking about prop firms. Is regarded as worth less compared to IB / hedge fund? will it be hard to move to a bank or a hedge fund afterwards. What are the general career perspectives?

Hi

I'm working as a middle office quant in a big bank. Lately, I'm checking the market and found several interesting job offerings from prop firms. They are well known and are out there since more than 15 years.

So, I was wondering what the job market is thinking about prop firms. Is regarded as worth less compared to IB / hedge fund? will it be hard to move to a bank or a hedge fund afterwards. What are the general career perspectives?
they tend to pay more.

Back