• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What features would you like to see on Quantnet ?

I think it would be nice and helpful to have a 'market snapshot' somewhere on the page. It doesn't have to be anything too fancy or detalied - the current levels of the major indices, some of the rates, oil/gold, etc would suffice.

Indeed, a very good idea - could appear both on the front page and on the forum front page.

Duly noted. It's not a big problem technically.

Sanket said:
I think it would be nice and helpful to have a 'market snapshot' somewhere on the page. It doesn't have to be anything too fancy or detalied - the current levels of the major indices, some of the rates, oil/gold, etc would suffice.
If you're going to do this, please include the VIX.

I like quantnet just as it is now. It is perfectly clear and concise. Only thing that i do not like is that a new post appears on top of the previous post.

I think it would be better if the new post appears below the previous post.

This "latest posts" thing is golden. I looked at the new QN and didn't see it, and was disappointed. That's basically it (I'm low maintenance...)...

andy, do you think it would be possible (is it already possible and I just haven't found it?) to be able to expand that "latest posts"? As in, have it display 20/15/10 of the latest updated threads (based on user input)?

It never appears to save the preference on my end. That would be nice.

Also just to bring this up again in the appropriate place.

I would like to see a "Quantitative Interview questions/answers" section. I understand your point of wanting critical mass before the section is created, but I think there's a catch-22 here.

I don't think people like going through the thread to find the question that is being talked about, or even going back and answering unanswered questions. Who wants to trudge through 14+ pages of replies?

Hence there is less traffic in that thread because of it's format, I believe.

So we can't create a section because there is no traffic, but there is no traffic because there is no "nice" section :D

How about we try it out, then delete/merge into one thread if it doesn't work in a subsequent forum update?

Hence my quick "EDIT" but I guess you responded before I managed to change it ;)

Thanks a bunch Andy!

A button that says "Get Job". When you click it, you're given your dream job.

Get on it Andy.

Back