• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What features would you like to see on Quantnet ?

Simply have threads (with a sticky) titled: Montreal Quants....NYC Quants, etc...so people from the same cities can build a network if they want to....also, if you're in NYC and want to come visit Montreal, then you can come on the MTL Quants thread and ask us questions and vice-versa.

I still don't know what you want and mean y putting threads and location. How is it done? Example links?

In some forums it is usually grouped under "Regional Quants" or something like that, and under it there are many sub-forums for each area.

How about adding some flash/java/whatever applications that allow you to use some model on a specific stock you like, nothing too complicated, similar to curve-fitting but more Quant orientated.

Hey Andy,
As for a new feature - which would be awesome for me and maybe others will agree- is to have just a few new articles every day on the front page(maybe links) filling the reader in on the overall markets and on any substantial news that happened that day (ex.Rim down 20% etc.)
You can argue that we can just go to bloomberg, google news, whatever... But this way for beginners(who I believe is a fair amount of this forum- like myself) who don't know what to look for exactly and don't want to read through tens of articles, we could just come here and have a few links(articles) spoon fed to us.
It will be a step in the direction of having quantnet giving you everything you need and attract more traffic...

I believe Quantnet serves an excellent purpose for those interested in getting into Quant programs. However, I think it falls short for those already involved in quant finance - all it offers us is the chance to occasionally give some advice.

Perhaps think of a way to appeal to the professional market? Maybe some live ticker charts on the side? Maybe a section on best practices in the workplace? Maybe some fake betting on market moves where you earn QuantCoin as profits? (Everyone starts with 1000 QuantCoins).

I get that occasionally a good article or book is recommended but that is not enough to keep us engaged actively.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right @MRoss
Those that graduated from MFE and currently working are our most prized audience and members. I've been thinking about ways to get them engaged; your suggestions are a good start but not enough to serve most.
I think most of us working have issues we need help with, be it coding, mentoring, networking, etc. That would bring QN to the next level.

You are absolutely right @MRoss
Those that graduated from MFE and currently working are our most prized audience and members. I've been thinking about ways to get them engaged; your suggestions are a good start but not enough to serve most.
I think most of us working have issues we need help with, be it coding, mentoring, networking, etc. That would bring QN to the next level.
Not bad - how about a QuantNet mentorship program? Have a place for mentors to sign up; they post their industry of profession, and QN pairs them with mentees?

Could be for fee or free... still, this is more student focused.

Back