• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What is the daily routine of a trader/structurer/quant ?

Hi there, I will soon have to choose an MFE program but before doing so, I'd like to know what are the daily tasks of a trader, a structurer or a quant.
If you trade stocks on the US market for example, do your working hours match the hours the market is open ? Do you spend the day in front of a Bloomberg screen processing informations to know whether you should long or short a stock ? The job of a prop trader and someone who only does arbitrage are probably different...
I still have a very vague idea of what my job will look like in less than two years - and I found out that quite a few of my friends in my uni and people I talk to are in the same situation - so any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Back