What projects to do that will ensure me an internship as a quant

Hello,

Im an expert of Python, C++, R and stats, read books by zvo bodie and george box, i wanna apply my knowledge which projects you advice me to build so that i can like be sure i will be hired at least as a quant.

Thank you,

1. Statistical Arbitrage Trading Strategy Development

Develop a pairs trading or statistical arbitrage model to detect price inefficiencies between correlated assets. Use time-series analysis techniques like cointegration and mean reversion to generate signals, backtest them on historical data, and implement automated trading based on live market feeds.

2. Market Microstructure Analysis for High-Frequency Trading

Analyze order book dynamics, bid-ask spreads, and trade flow to create a trading algorithm that reacts to microsecond-level price movements. Simulate the strategy in real-time, optimizing for latency, and test performance across various market conditions, with a focus on speed and efficiency.

3. Options Pricing Model using Stochastic Volatility

Build a pricing model incorporating stochastic volatility (e.g., Heston model) to improve on Black-Scholes. Solve it via Monte Carlo simulations, test hedging strategies like delta-hedging, and backtest against historical options data, while stress-testing for extreme market conditions.

4. Portfolio Optimization Using Mean-Variance and Black-Litterman Models

Construct an optimized portfolio using traditional mean-variance optimization and the Black-Litterman model. Combine historical data with investor views to balance risk and returns, backtest performance, and account for transaction costs in rebalancing under varying market conditions.

5. Execution Algorithm Design for Minimizing Transaction Costs

Design an execution algorithm (e.g., VWAP/TWAP) to reduce transaction costs for large orders. Simulate market scenarios to observe liquidity and volatility impacts, adjust the algorithm in real-time for optimal execution, and backtest using historical data to gauge performance.

6. Volatility Trading Strategy with VIX Futures

Develop a volatility trading strategy using VIX futures and options to hedge or speculate on market volatility. Analyze historical VIX data and implement models to capture periods of rising or falling volatility, backtest the strategy, and measure its effectiveness under different market regimes.

7. Machine Learning for Predicting Asset Prices

Apply machine learning techniques (e.g., random forests, neural networks) to predict asset price movements based on historical data and macroeconomic indicators. Train, test, and validate models, optimize hyperparameters, and assess their ability to provide a trading edge by backtesting on market data.

h/t: Mehul Mehta
Some similar projects by our members

Back
Top Bottom