• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What should one expect in an interview for Volatility Trading who doesn't have releavant work exp

Hi All,
I was lucky enough to get an F2F interview for a job in Commodities market making group though, I do not have relevant work experience in Finance. The job description (as per my friend) is part coding and part volatility trading.
I understand the coding part and know what questions to expect but what about the other half?
I have basic knowledge of Options. Will that be enough? What should I expect in the interview? The interviewers are mainly MD, COO and one of them is a Trader, followed by an interview with Sales head.

Thanks

Vol skew for different asset classes and why they are that way. VIX (general understand of how it is structured). Know options/black scholes very well. Be able to tell how option prices change when you manipulate variables in BS formula. Know how volatility affects the commodity markets (its different from any other asset class).

And communicate everything effectively and look enthusiastic.

Back