• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE where to take math prerequisite courses?

I need to take numerical analysis, advanced probability and statistic somewhere. I am wondering if anybody knows where to take them online and get credit at the same time. I did find out some online math courses but i can't get credits for them..

Thank you so much.

sherry

Did you happen to find an answer for that? My undergrad didn't have certain math courses and I am confused as to where can I take it affordably, while I have been learning them on my own, not sure where to take certification / exams ( purpose : MS)

Did you happen to find an answer for that? My undergrad didn't have certain math courses and I am confused as to where can I take it affordably, while I have been learning them on my own, not sure where to take certification / exams ( purpose : MS)
hi Anush, same here. i'm doing MOOCs, one was looking for NPTEL courses. did you find any courses ?

hi Anush, same here. i'm doing MOOCs, one was looking for NPTEL courses. did you find any courses ?
I actually mailed a couple of colleges regarding the pre-req,
Columbia accepts MOOC.
CMUand most universities does not accept nptel, but they accept net math and UCB Extension

Now even though few universities do accept moc many prefer it to be taken under a college. While Mooc shows the team you have an interest and have some knowledge of the domain, without a graded transcript from a university quantifying and verifying your knowledge in the area is hard.
But there are few universities offering pre-mfe courses too.
I am leaning towards doing a PG Diploma of one year in Statistics in a good university in India and taking up all the prereq there.

I would also recommend building a good understanding of the prereq needed, it's there for a reason.
I am taking the Introduction to Financial Engineering course from Columbia university in Coursera which gave me a pretty good idea on why covering the pre-req is important

Back